Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Currently on the Easel: Whistling in the Wind

Current state of this painting ...


... now I think maybe the title of the painting is First Hint of Winter.

-------------------------------------------------------
This is currently on my easel ...

Whistling in the Wind
about 6" x 12"
My new painting is primarily inspired by an old painting - one of my favorite paintings that I've done.  It's a painting I had been working on for three decades, but rushed to a finish in the course of a week last fall,  in which everything changed.  It all happened quite magically.

Going for a Walk


I noticed that my new painting is also a bit like what you might get it you put these two inspirations together...


...which I think is what my subconscious mind sort of did!  The Snowy Day has actually been on my mind for a while - this painting is from a couple of years ago...
Snow Angel

... The Snowy Day was one of my favorite books when I was a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment